An external trading member accepted for membership by a licensed exchange and authorised by the CBB may undertake only the activities of a licensed broker or broker-dealer outside the Kingdom of Bahrain. In order to be eligible, the external member must: be a member of an exchange or otherwise licensed and supervised in its home market by a securities regulator that is a signatory to the IOSCO MMOU or acceptable bilateral agreement. An external trading member may not conduct any business within the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Amended: July 2016
Added: April 2013